Promising

I created a new Pandora playlist-

It's my Emeli Sandé station.  

Love her.

It's been a banger station, hit to hit as I transition into this week back from some much-needed time away from my computer- a week away from the noise raging in my head- a week away from the mail I haven't looked at for a while that sits in wait on my desk.

The one word to describe my trip to England...

Necessary.

Though there are so many layers to the trip I couldn't fit it into a blog.  The layer that involves necessary time with extended family and friends, the layer that revolves around the unique time I spent with Sayler in the confines and freedoms away from WiFi and work, a layer involving time with my husband as his passenger- because it's a great feeling to be a passenger, both literally and figuratively.  To rest my head for a short while and let someone take lead.  And there was the layer of focus on creating a great and memorable experience for Ariel on her first trip abroad.

And at one point as we were on an open road, my baby fast asleep in the backseat, Lloyd at the wheel of our rental car, carefully maneuvering the countless roundabouts and Ariel observing the green and open landscape that whispered past us on the drive to Stonehenge I said aloud, "I feel like I am on vacation..."

And though, obviously, I was on vacation- it was different to other 'vacations' where there is bustling, obligations to visit with others, adventures lying in wait that seem to be worth every effort and lack of sleep to experience.

The time was restful, though full.  Though a necessary trip, it did not feel like an obligation.  Being present with my daughter, which is not the same as simply being with my daughter... it fulfilled my heart.

And despite the enjoyment I took from having a week away, I am thrilled to be home.  

Spring Cleaning.  Enjoying the amazing sunshine that pours over my home. Taking liberties with this unique time alone until Sayler and Lloyd return home Friday.

And with Emeli Sandé filling my home as I dance around, polishing furniture, slaughtering lyrics and welcoming these first days of a promising spring.

Though I don't have everything my heart desires, if only for a short time, my heart is full.

Day in Teleford/IronBridge/Blists


We Be Pubbin'- the boys: Matthew, Oz, Lee, Dave, Lloyd, Marc

Ariel and I: Jam House, Birmingham

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story

Degree