Happy Birthday, Charlie!

I have to say... life has been nothing short of good ol' fashioned F.U.N. lately!! Last night my family and I met up at John's Incredible Pizza to celebrate my nephew, Charlie's, birthday. The big 0-7 and it was nothing short of.... well... INCREDIBLE!! Why has no one ever told me how fun that place is!??! My brother Chris and his lovely girlfriend, Candace, organized the party with lots of attendees, game and ride cards, and all the yummy food and cake anyone could imagine. I initially thought... "o.k., it's Monday night, I have work tomorrow... so we'll just stay until 8 p.m. or so...."
NO WAY, MAN!! We closed that place DOWN!! After stuffing our faces and watching Charlie open his gifts we all proceeded to the games. I saw my nephews on the train ride and thought "well now that looks fun..." and less than 3 minutes later guess who was the loudest rider of them all?? I was sitting next to Aidan, 2, and worried the fast train would throw him off the side but he was just laughing his head off and raising the roof. Naturally, I had to follow his lead.
As I hopped off, I saw my mom, brother Corbin, and Lloyd on the spinning ride and felt incredibly jealous at their laughing and seeing my mom look like she was going to be sick. We proceeded to watching one another on each of the rides and all made our way to the bumper cars.
O.K. We have all been on bumper cars before, right??? In my whole life I have NEVER enjoyed bumper cars as much as I did last night. One would think it would be most enjoyable as a child... but.... no, friends. Now that I am older and understand the laws of trajectory, speed, and high impact collision, I was a force to be reckoned with on that slick bumper floor. No one knew what hit them- not even the railing. As a child you are so hell bent on ramming other people that you miss the joy of isolating yourself in a corner and spinning.... spinning... spinning.... so quickly you consider being sick until WHAM!!! Someone rams you and knocks the giggle right out of you. That is only topped by speeding backwards and not knowing what you will run in to.
In short, We all had an amazing time. The only part of the evening that caused slight frustrations was picking out a pressie for a 7 year old boy. Lloyd and I stood in that Toys R' Us for ages just staring in confusion... I had to ask the store clerk where the "Baklavas" were and once she realized I wasn't looking for Middle Eastern food she directed me to aisle 6 where there was an abundance of "Baku-GONE" toys. Needless to say, we had not heard of them prior to asking Candace what he would want.
There stood Lloyd and I in aisle 6, with crinkled faces, confused-ly looking over all the Baku-GONE characters and features. We had no freaking clue. There is no education in the world that prepares a child-free couple for places like Toys R' Us. We made it out alive with an unsightly character that seemed "cool". We topped the pressie off with books, of course, and crossed our fingers...

All in all, it was a great night surrounded by my fun family. John's was most certainly not prepared for the Dorado's....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story

Half-Year