My Favorite Redhead







It is taking every bit of energy for me to write my blog today but... alas... I have kept my readers waiting for 3 long days for "something new". I spent those days away from the blog enjoying none other than a great bachelorette weekend in Las Vegas with my favorite redhead and a line-up of wonderful gals. Hence.... the hold up. Hence... this Vegas coma I have found myself in today.

I should have known, really. This isn't the first time I traveled with her & felt completely & wonderfully wiped out afterwards. We are speaking of none other than Rachel herself. The gal I met in my SDSU days while both serving at Mimi's. Not much has changed since then. She is still that vivacious little fire cracker who cares deeply for her loved ones and friendships. She is the kind of person you wish you could be like- just the right balance between domesticated, smart as a whip, and cool as she is fun, fiery, and fiercely loyal. A few years ago she, myself, and our other pal, Misty, did an East Coast girls only trip. Spending nearly 3 weeks together can make or break a friendship and, on that long trip, it really made us. Now here I sit writing a blog in her honor as she approaches her wedding day. This past weekend in Vegas between sipping mai tai's, making new friends, and wreaking havoc on our dancing feet we reminisced about that trip: taking in Broadway shows (a mutual love for both of us), dining (yet another mutual love), napping (and again....), and laughing until our faces hurt. Flash forward to this past weekend and it was as if we were on an extended trip from those East Coast moments. I have to confess that it is among the best trips I have ever taken to Vegas. With the help of a local friend, we hit the best pools and hot spots. We enjoyed cocktails in the beautiful, yet slightly overcast sunshine. We met equally happy people. We joked. We laughed. We enjoyed the few hours of sleep time we managed to fit in. We gossiped. We splashed. We wore tacky bachelorette and maids attire. We met rock stars. We complained about the sweaty crowds in the nightclubs while dancing on burning feet. We enjoyed one another's company. It was the best.

I am so proud to be Rachels' friend and extremely excited to be in her wedding in just a few short weeks. She will be an excellent wife. I know because she is an excellent friend. Having an absolute blast in Vegas came as no surprise to me. We always have a great time together. Whether we are chatting over our favorite Starbucks' drinks, taking in a movie, enjoying a quiet game night, or enjoying our favorite cuisine- BUFFETS!!!- we are never short of food, fun, and friendship. Thanks for being my friend, Rachel!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story

Half-Year