Thank You, Summer




Summer is wonderful. When I was a kid I took the sunshine and free time that summer offered for granted. As an early adult I complained it was too hot and sought refuge indoors. In fairness, as Lloyd points out, I was a busy bird in my late teens and early twenties between sports, cheerleading, working, etc. and I therefore really felt the heat. But now I once again enjoy summertime and everything it has to offer. Maybe I can thank my hsuband for that. Since he is from England, he never got a whole lot of sunshine and now he soaks up every minute of it.
This summer I have caught up with friends. I have slept in. I am nearing my second trip to Las Vegas and enjoyed beach days and dinners with friends. I have had more time to work-out with nightly runs at the park. I have learned how to bake and started composting for my garden. I do, I do, I do love summertime.
It is hot, this is true. I still seek refuge indoors and keep all the shutters closed to keep the sun's stare at bay. With that said, I also appreciate the sweet sun's rays hitting my skin when I am having a playful day. Yesterday (Sunday), I could not have asked for a more perfect day. It goes in the record books as one of those days when nothing went wrong and I was reminded of what it feels like to fall in love all over again. Falling in love with the beach, sunshine, friends, and of course, my Lloyd. We slept in, as always, and headed straight for Dana Point to Sueann & Sean's place. Kristin came by and that made everything feel "ready to go". We strolled across to the beach and us gals sat on towels and caught up with one another. When things got icky, we would dip a toe and have a quick splash while watching Lloyd and Sean body surfing and taking hits from the sea. I can't remember when I last saw Lloyd look so happy and carefree. Lloyd loves the ocean. He is my true Pisces. We baked for a while and then went into the pool at Suey's. I can't even remember exactly what we talked about- I just know it was great to just be.
Later that evening the boys stayed in to work on Sean's bike (boring boy stuff-hahaha); and us gals met up with Jeanette to have dinner at Wind & Sea. We were all tuckered out from sunshine but reveled in being together since it had been a solid few weeks since we had seen one another last. We ordered way too much food, which is pretty typical of us, and laughed at one another's jokes. I am not sure why, but the jokes just keep coming when we are around one another! Never short of laughter and food- that is just how we roll.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story

Thank You, My Friend