I Google You




I google you.  Well, maybe not me.  But someone has googled you.  Someone has typed your name in that beautiful search box and pushed that fancy 'enter' button.  Search initiated.

I was speaking with a friend last week.  Who knows how the conversation started, but as is often the case among women it landed on a topic about an ex.  You know, a dude I was crushing on once in my life.  And so at one point we get to talking about the less-than-spectacular woman my ex has found himself with.  Like the "Inspektor Gadget" I think I am, I know so much more about his current than I probably should. 

For all I know, she is also a goodwill ambassador and rescues hungry children all while modeling size 0 lingerie.  Nonetheless, whoever our exes are currently with are never as awesome as us.  It's just the law of women.  If she is gorgeous she must be dumb.  If she is wealthy she must have a mean spirit.  If she has big boobs they must be fake, and so on and so on. Whether it is true or not,  we talk ourselves into it.  We encourage the exaggerations with our girlfriends all while wearing invisible "Team Cambria T-shirts".

Is it catty?  Please.  Of course it is.  It is the most un-Christian thinking that exists.  But it's a way of making ourselves feel better at times.  Sad.  Yes, I know.  But honest.  Any credit for that?

My friend laughed loud and said, "You just admitted what everyone does and no one ever talks about."

I wondered if it was just a girl thing.  I asked my husband a few days later if he ever googled any of his exes to which he said "of course".

Some ex of mine in some years might stumble upon this dreaded and mundane blog of mine.  If he is a cocky bastard he will likely think I am not over him.  How do I put this in kind words? ...

 "Get over yourself"

I was blessed with a curious mind.  Yes, I think of you sometimes.  I wonder where the path of your life has taken you.  Yes, I want to be sure you haven't won millions in the lottery and aren't due to walk down the aisle with a Victoria's Secret model.  But beyond that, old friend, it is just plain curiosity.  I want to know who you have become since we were.

 Don't act like you haven't googled me.

Comments

Unknown said…
Love you Cam! Your so funny! And to be that honest!;)

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

The Militant Guest:

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story