Januversary



January.  Snow.  A New Year. 

January used to mean back to school after a long holiday that went too quickly.  In high school January marked mid-terms- right?  A new quarter in grad school.  A new semester in college.  A new diet.  A new resolution to be more this, and a little more that.  As you brace the cold, you think about spring time.  Because that's what we do, we think about what's ahead.  But this year, I will revel in the present-days of January, in all their chilly splendor, and all they have brought to my life.

January is my Januversary with my husband.  Well, I haven't told him yet, so here it is babe. 

I got to thinking when I booked our tickets to New Orleans that I don't appreciate January enough.  Everyone always talks about December and poor Miss January gets left in the cold.  Literally.

But it was a cold January day when I first met Lloyd.  It was a January day when we had our first date.  It was a brisk January evening sometime later that we first confessed we loved one another.  And several Januarys later, it was then we became engaged.

And a couple of years later, it was in January that he moved to California for me.  Packing 2 suitcases and hopeful wishes for the future.  He left his life in England behind for me all one chilly day in January.

Some have said that once we got married we would only celebrate one anniversary.  I say nay.  Well, that's not what I would actually say, but it's cute to write it.  But why do we find only special days to celebrate?  Why can't we celebrate all the anniversaries, even if it is in just a moment of gratitude, affection and kindness? 


He and I are starting our Januversary in a new place.  We are in New Orleans!!  This place is jumpin', it's really jumpin'.  Last night we enjoyed the energy from the Sugar Bowl (Gator & Bengals) and all of the fans strolling through the French Quarter.  Lloyd had his first Hurricane & Po' Boy while I enjoyed a Peach Bellini (typical).  We teetered through the Riverwalk and along the Mississippi.  Having an amazing year... so far.

Happy Januversary, Lloyd.  Love You.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story

The Bully Crowd