Blueberry Pancakes


Last night I started a list of things I won't miss about my job.

I thought it would make me feel better, but I didn't like the negative thoughts and energy I was allowing to consume my mind.  Instead, I opted to start listing, each day, things and moments that are great about not rowing with the other slaves of the workforce.

On today's list is blueberry pancakes. 

Loving pancakes is a recent thing.  Maybe we can thank Cynthia, Letty and Julia- my cardio, lifting and yoga instructors for that. 

I crave that carbohydrated goodness.  And anything with "cake" as a part of its word geneology is awesome in my book.

My husband would make me pancakes each weekend.  Breakfast in bed- one of his romantic specialties on a lazy Saturday and Sunday morning.

They were a treat.  And now, I am having this treat just about every day.

To wake up and not be in a rush.  To wake up and mix my own batter and smother that batter in indigo-colored blueberries- awesome.

My cats brush against my legs as I heat up the pan, and instead of my usual harried response to their affection-oftentimes interpreted as ignoring them- I will bend down, pet them with a tender hand, and chat with them about just how much I love making my everyday blueberry pancakes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story

Pancakes and Eggs