The Layoff: Day 3

Day 3 starts with me looking for a new position.  Day 3 is exhausting and I've only put in a solid uno-punto-una horas of job seeking.

Last night I opened up the resume that landed me my ex.  Let's just call it the ex. I can't bear to say it's name right now (sob, sob).

I looked at that resume and it looked so foreign.  I hadn't seen it since I landed the ex. 

Like running into your old boyfriend at the mall when you have that just-out-the-salon look and you decided to put on make-up.  You feel like you are truly moving on.

But what was really, super awesome was looking at that resume and seeing how much has changed in the last 2+ years.  Like seeing that old sweetheart and noticing his hair line has receded and he has put on a couple of kilos, as well.  It just feels good.

Of course, it means a lot of work for me to edit that document.  But I was able to add so many things.  So many things I have learned to do over the last couple.  So many great experiences.  So many skills.  Less B.S. and fluff that went on my past resumes- I didnt need all the filler, 'coz everything I was adding was true.

Although I cannot profess all this positivity without a little humility and honesty.  As many of us know, looking for a job is a job in itself.  And splashed everywhere are the positions that promise you can make 8K "working from home!".  And they take up so much space on the job boards, it is flustering.  And this morning I woke up and stared at the ceiling for a solid hour.  I spent the next hour on "Wookieepedia" learning about the Star Wars series, despite it never really being of interest before.  How did I get there?  On some strange path to job searching.

I know.  It doesn't make sense.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story

Thank You, My Friend