Some Things Never Change: Part 1

When I was a little girl I wanted to be Laura Ingall's Wilder.  I read each and every book in the "Little House on the Prairie" series.  Oh.... I loved to read.

And then I would read some more. 

I could spend hours curled up with a book.  And "Little House" were among my favorites. 


I remember I had this bonnet.  There's a picture here somewhere.....  and I wanted nothing more than a simple life.  I loved the idea of calling my daddy "pa" (which I never did, because he would have thought that was weird) and I would put on these simple dresses.  I cried when Mary went blind.  I used to get so mad at Nelly.  I would make these little beds out of pillows and blankets in the corner of my room, and read under a night-light. 

I can attribute my near-sightedness and need to wear glasses by age 14 on little Laura Ingalls.  Little Laura- how I stared at the pages of your life for hours on end.  My first American Idol.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story

Pancakes and Eggs