The Space Between

Space.


That's another definite plus of my job-loss.

Today I purged myself of many a company thing.  I handed over just about the last of it all- the last of the artifacts that were used daily in my job.

At first, I was afraid to let them go.  It meant it was real- that I was no longer needed by the company.  But after a few days of waiting to be rid of it all, I was excited to start anew.

I couldn't let the keys go fast enough.  Those keys that lock up all the things I held in my hands each working day.  As they left my hands and passed to my ex, I felt a sigh of relief.  I smiled.  I felt light as a bird.

I said good-bye to my ex- both verbally and mentally.  And while I know I will continue in the friendships I have made at my last post, things will never be the same again.  Ever.

I will never be able to erase from my mind what it felt to feel so incredibly desolate.  I won't be able to purge that sense of isolation from it all, and how quickly I went from being an integral part of a 'team' to being left to my own devices. 

I won't forget that I know it is no one's fault.  I won't forget how thankful I have been for the position.  I won't forget the people.  I most certainly will never, ever forget, how great all this extra space feels.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story

Pancakes and Eggs