TaTa Week 1

How annoying that I blog about being laid off.  But since I've been working since the tender age of 16, I will revel in the opportunity to navigate this experience with you.

If you don't like it- have a cookie.  That does wonders for my interest level.

Today is the suckiversary of one week into the world of being a leach on society's system.   I am draining the universe of it's resources and contributing nothing but a daily blog. 

I am stealing from the pie that feeds our children's school systems.  I am taking your hard earned cash-money and pilfering it for my own selfish needs.  Thank You.  Thank You.  Thank You.

The week has been shockingly busy.  Too busy.

Phone please stop ringing.  Emails keep a'comin.  I have been sorting through handing my accounts over to the survivor and making sure she knows what's up.  I have medical appointments to make to ensure I don't lose the money I have invested into my healthcare and Flexible Spending Account.  I have unemployment to navigate, jobs to search for, resumes to scowl at, and dropping F-bombs to anyone who cuts me off while driving.  Not now, people.  NOT RIGHT NOW!

I pictured the week being a lot sadder.  I thought my best work would come out of it.  Like a Van Gogh moment.  I had envisioned sleeping my depression away curled up in a corner and playing the Cranberries "Linger" on loop.

So far- no Cranberries.  Nothing that even resembles a fruit or any curling up moments.  Yes, yes, I have poured out some fancy tears, but not nearly in the quantities one would expect.  How disappointing.

I have hardly even had a chance to sleep-in.  I am in an out-placement service that is web-based.  It's not so bad.  The first meeting felt a bit like A.A. with all the introductions and the "how we found ourselves with a bottle of 'we no longer need you' stories".

But it was comforting and the classes give me a sense of understanding that there are a lot, lot, lot of people who are without a job at the moment.  There is useful job-hunting information in the classes.  How to write a resume and stand out from the umpteen amounts of rezzies some companies get; how to negotiate a higher paying salary; etc.etc.etc.

So week 1 is officially over.  Last week at this time I was full of emptiness, tonight I am full on Domino's pizza.  If this trend continues, each week could be significantly more fulfilling than the last...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story

Pancakes and Eggs