Dear Lord

Dear Lord,

Thank you for giving me the good sense of being an animal lover, a caretaker of all things adorable and fuzzy.  Thank you for giving me a husband who is the same.

Dear Lord,  however, and I stress this gently, (an oxymoron, I know...) I think I have exceeded maximum capacity: physically, financially,socially of caring for animals for the time being...

What I am saying, oh Dear Lord who is great,  is that,

Please stop sending the neighborhood animals to my doorstep.  Please stop giving them the ability to figure out how to use the cat door that we have so cleverly installed.   Please keep the latest large, fuzzy, grey-haired strange cat out of my cats' lunch bowls and watering holes.

Dear Lord,  I know I am pretty friggin' awesome, but, um, I think the neighbors will quickly become annoyed at me taking in so many animals.  I think my vet will start to wonder if I am stealing animals for my own sick rituals or something.  I am worried that I will get a stigma like octomom for being socially unresponsible and unable to properly care for so many blasted pets.

You see, my dear Lord, I am on to your ways.

I know you operate on the basis of "the more the merrier", but I am sorta' kinda' just barely hanging on here.  And I have to draw the line somewhere, you see.

Please, Dear Lord, stop testing my resolve.  I took it as a very clear sign when Penny was laid in my pathway for me to love and care for her.  I thought you and I were "good" for a while.  All of my humanitarian deeds were in alignment, Lord, and I even gave you a virtual fist-bump to seal the deal.

And now,

For the past 2 days I keep finding a strange kitty squirreling it's way into my home.  He or she darts past me when it sees she it been spotted.  And not only does this clever feline know how to get into my home with all the cat flaps, but he/she has summoned the nerve to climb the stairs and make its way into the room I have designated for my spoiled pets.  Lord, Almighty, this had better not be a sign.  Because its not funny.

Dear Lord,

while I appreciate you recognizing my adoration for the stranded, wounded and desperate animals of the world, I am finding I spend more and more time in Petsmart than in the grocery store.

My PetPerks rewards card, while providing the occasional nice little cost-savings incentives, just isn't quite providing enough coupons to feed yet another animal.  And if you could, Dear Lord, please speak with my vet about the cost of care, that would be great too.

So please, Dear Lord, prevent my current pets from telling their neighnorhood 'pals' all about how good they got it over here.  I am seriously considering dressing my animals like hobo-kitties in an effort to disguise their uber-healthy ways. 

Thank you for hearing my prayer, Dear Lord.  While I try to pay close attention to your signs regarding animal welfare, I kindly ask you.... for just a little while...

to yield.

Sincerely, Me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

Thank You, My Friend

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story