Carry On- 19 Weeks

"Here is the camera case... oh, and the luggage and our coats", she says as she piles high his stack.

"Hey, c'mon!  What are you carrying?", he questions.

Quietly she stares deep into his eyes as she Angelicly replies, "I am carrying your child."

To which he responds by wheeling out their belongings as she convincingly strokes her belly.



Guilty as charged.

I have managed to use my pregnancy to get out of doing quite a bit.  Not necessarily my most proud feat in life, but I also can't say I am too ashamed.... you know?

Look, this is my first and very likely my last pregnancy.  I only have one biological baby in my life plan so if I ride this rollercoaster with a little bit of drama and attention-seeking maneuvers, so be it.

In truth, I do legitimately need  the extra help.  Everytime I take on too many tasks, even at the halfway marker for my pregnancy, I find myself gasping for a little air.  At the gym the other evening I swear I pulled my uterus by doing leg presses at a mere 40 pounds (about half what I used to muster a push for before I was preggo).  After folding 3 stacks of laundry at home I am ready for a break and

My husband has been a real gem, but even gems can behave like rocks.

On our recent Euro-cation abroad I can only imagine he tired of wheeling our two luggage, carry on, camera case and coats around.  He huffed about it a few times, quietly and with the smallest show of disdain.

But I was carrying the most important thing...

his baby.

So there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story

Half-Year