A Day Like Today

On a day like today I feel like I am "over" being pregnant.

Today is a day when I am sick (again) and clutching a box of Kleenex. 

I moaned as I tossed and turned in bed last night, unable to sleep with a stuffy head and sore throat.   I ate just under 4,000 oranges yesterday in an effort to be rid of this nasty head cold and flu.

I drank tea with honey and lemon...

I put heating pads on my sore back...

and all while thinking of my baby.

Somehow you stay tucked away inside, perhaps even unphased by how ill I am.

And normally I would panic that my illnesses are making you equally sick, but thanks to the web it seems I am not the only mom-in-training to be sick... a LOT.

On days like today I wonder whether you will arrive early or past your due date.

I am somehow convinced that you will come early, mainly because I just can't imagine my belly getting much more ginormous than it already is.

Bending down has become a chore.

I have officially started to waddle a bit.

I sleep with each and every pillow I can grab-

Which doesn't leave many for daddy.

But every Sunday morning I celebrate a little-

On a Sunday like yesterday when I am officially at another full week of pregnancy.

Yesterday we turned 29 weeks.

No halfsies, just the full 29.

And every week I know that you are that much stronger and ready to meet the world.

So on a day like today I already look forward to our next Sunday celebration. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

Thank You, My Friend

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story