Let's Rock...

The funny thing about being a parent to a newborn is that you can't help but rock... all the time.

I have become so accustomed to swaying, bouncing and rocking my sweet Sayler that oftentimes, even when she is no longer in my arms or resting in a sling, I am swaying.

Last week when our dear friend Jessica came to visit Jess took the little one in her arms and rocked.  As we gossiped and caught up on all things I couldn't help but notice that I was swaying from side to side, mimicking their motions... babyless.

And yesterday as Lloyd and I stood in line at Babie's R' Us, Sayler sat in her carseat in the basket.  As Lloyd stood with boxes of diapers in his hands, he suddenly realized that he was cradling and rocking those Pampers like it was no one's business. 

(And don't even get me started on how we have subconsciously started carrying our cats over our shoulders and patting their backsides.)

The funny thing about being a parent to a newborn is that you can't help but rock... all the time.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story

Thank You, My Friend