I Love You, You're Beautiful

Will I ever get a chance to edit this poem?  Maybe.  I started having these thoughts recently and wanted to pen them... but it is an on-going poem-piece that I hope to finish when I have a little more time... you know... babies keep you busy ;)

I want to keep you little,

I want to see you grown,

I want to see you crawl your way into a life that's all your own.

I want to hear your giggles,

I want to hug you tight,

I want to embarass you in front of the man you someday call "Mr. Right".


I want you wide awake,

So I can witness all your charms

and when I want some time off to myself,

I miss you in my arms.


And when you're sleeping soundly,


I can stare at you all day,

While in your ear, I quietly whisper the words I want to say.

.... (unfinished....)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story

Thank You, My Friend