I Love Today


I love today already.

I can't stop smiling.

I love cloudy weather.  I love that I can hear a bird singing outside my window despite the clouds.



I love that I chose to play John Mayer's Battle Studies album while I work.

I love the view from my couch. These red flowers that thrive next to the white roses that thrive a few yards away from the chimnea I had to have. 




I love that I've almost, almost, just about swallowed my pride in the choice to hire a housekeeper.  Because today she came and she made all of my floors lovely and every toy has a place. I love her. 

I love that just as I was racing to get out the door for a work appointment on a day when I really, really wanted to stay home and work in my underpants I got a call to ask if we can re-schedule the work apointment. I hugged my phone and I hoped my customer didn't hear the elation and smile in my voice.

I love that I am feeling energetic on a day I'd usually rather skip altogether. Oh Mondays, how you taunt me so!

I love that I decided not to ignore the app on my phone that tells me how far I have run. I usually care not. I never worry about my pace either. But yesterday for shifts and goggles I decided to put my runmeter app to use out of curiosity and I got in 10 miles before my phone and app died. 

I love that rare element of surprise. 


I love that my personal assistant decided to bring me Olive Garden for lunch.

Wait, wait. That last one didn't happen. But maybe if I keep putting all this good juju out in the world I'll miraculously acquire a Personal Assistant who intuits my cravings. 

Photo from Lemon:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

Thank You, My Friend

Pancakes and Eggs