Late Nights

I have missed my late nights.
 
I suddenly took on "morning person" attributes a few months ago...
 
I would wake somewhere between 3:30 a.m. and 5 a.m. and have boundless energy.
 
I would clean, work, plan, daydream and write.
 
But tonight, as I sit alone on the over-sized couch, I do nothing but enjoy the quiet solitude as I do one of my weeknight reconnaissance missions looking at Southern Californa homes and neighborhoods online.
 
I like looking at homes for sale.  I really don't know why.  Planning for some distant future, perhaps.
 
I like negotiating between the congested neighborhoods, concrete jungles in close proximity to downtown centers and the older, suburban homes lined on streets with mature trees and quiet sidewalks.
 
I always come back to those that are near the nature preserves and large parks, wide open spaces, large yards to plant beautiful things in...
 
And my favorite neighborhoods are those with all the colonial-inspired homes.
 
They're my favorites.
 
Wait... I already said that.
 
But sometimes the beautiful colonials are in dire school districts, and I am not sure why that matters, but like any parent I always hope that I can provide something better for my own kid.
 
(Though I did like my schools in the hood... lessons in being gangster cannot be under-appreciated).
 
I've decided anything built in the 1960's is not for me.
 
What's with all the brick?
 
And my mom is always saying things about "asbestos" and the 1980's, which is only weird because I never listen to my mom and yet every time I see something built in the 80's I can feel my lungs closing in around invisible asbestos microbes.
 
It's weird.
 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story

Thank You, My Friend