"Two Sleepy People"

"...Two sleepy people by dawn's early light, Too much in love to say goodnight..."

On Sunday Corbin visited and as he held you he said "I think she just smiled at me", to which I admonished: "did you just steal my baby's first smile?"

But no- I'm sure that wasn't your first real smile.  

And the day thereafter, as Lloyd held you, he remarked the same.

But no- I'm sure that wasn't your first real smile

I'm sure you saved it for me, as I held you on your 2 week birthday. 

You were in a rare moment of nakedness as I changed you into a lovely yellow onesie- a fantastic color on you, I might add.


I was talking to you, the way I do, and I too that moment to tickle your bare, beautiful, bountiful belly when, just then, I saw that perfect deliberate half smile cross your face. It came and went and my heart melted.

That was it.  That was your first smile, defying all baby blogs that suggest it would likely come weeks later. 

And today, I try to capture that same smile.  Though a moment too late- here is the closest I can get...


It's perfect, right? 

xoxo,

The Mommy 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story

Thank You, My Friend