Bye, Fe

It's been months since I've last had a chance to write.  So long, in fact, I forgot how to sign in to my blog.

Alas, I've made it back, folks.  All 3 of you loyal readers (give or take) are in for it.  The most riveting blog to date.

All about email.

The last few months have kept me busy re-learning to enjoy gym time, hanging out with my kids loads and loads, coaching youth soccer, getaways with friends and family, but what I bring to you today is this moment as I purge my email inbox and outbox.

I started with large files and attachments as I prepare my life to move from Google to Outlook.

It was astounding to see how many messages I'd sent over many recent years.  If anyone ever says I am not a solid communicator, I present to them the exhibit above.

66,000 emails sent.  Dating back only in the last 4 years.  Plus all the ones I purged manually, tediously, enjoying the slow click of each tiny box and hovering over the trash icon.

Felt good.

(I know, I know... I really need more hobbies).

In recent months, if not years, I've slowly started to relish the clean sweep of tossing all the things that don't matter.  If my life had a soundtrack, right about now "Turning Japanese" would play loudly en homage to my admiration for Marie Kondo.

That bitch tosses everything.

And as a woman who prides herself in "keeping the receipts", you have to know how amazing this progress is.

Off to dig into my email folders to start trashing more items with abandon....


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story

Thank You, My Friend