Yuletide Days, Part 2- The Pajama Jam


I guess I kerplunked on the title of this blog (and "part 1" of this blog).  After I left today's blog feeling pleased with my creative genious of written work, I sat listening to Christmas Carols that have been adapted by modern pop stars.  I semi-loathe these modern pop renditions.  I like to keep it real with the classic versions, and somehow seeing a pop star writhing around in a short Santa suit stealing the lyrics of a previously awesome song bugs me.  But, anyway, I listened away and it's slightly possible I sang along.

And in one of the songs I heard that famous Christmassy word "Yuletide", which I so cleverly utilized in said blog title.  I thought I was being so adorable using a Christmas word.  But anyway, so I sat and I suddenly realized I didn't know what "Yuletide" even meant.  Maybe I knew once upon a Christmastime, but I no longer knew.  So I googled that adorable word and discovered it means:

1. period extending from Dec. 24 to Jan. 6


Dang.  Really?  So technically I should name my blog "Pre-Yuletide Days".  But I thought I would share in this newfound knowledge in case some of ya'll didn't know either.
 
So to carry on with some of the Pre-Yuletide madness that has been going on in these PY days, I am so pleased to share my own personal carol which was inspired by the first annual pajama-jam that some gal pals and I had over this past weekend.  Loves.
 
T'was the weekend before Christmas, and all through the casa,
not a smell from the kitchen, not even la masa.
 
I tidied and prepped, for a party of eight,
I knew the night ahead, was gonna' be great.
 
Each gal came, one by one
with their Christmas spirit and hot cross buns.
 
We shared some gifts, and decorated my tree 
We laughed as we wined, and enjoyed our partee
 
Crammed in my powder room, huddled side-by-side
We giggled, gossiped, and 'bout lost our minds...
 
Ams & Jess
Lizzy and Melis,
Maria, Lisa & the beautiful "Fish"
 
These are some gals, I truly adore
With friends like these, who needs more?
 
Nothing can compare to this party I hosted
Despite lack of pictures, because many can't be posted!!


This first annual Pajama-Jam I'll always remember,
year 2009, the 19th of December
 


Comments

Anonymous said…
Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story

Thank You, My Friend