I Love Weddings....

I love weddings.  Everyone is so elated.  Everyone looks so nice.  The women are dressed up and their hair coifed just so.  The men look so dapper in their suits.

I love weddings and seeing couples' exchanging their vows.  I used to find weddings nauseating.  When the ceremony would start, I thought I would die with boredom.  But not now.

Now I stare at the lovely couple and wish them a wonderful life together. I hope they will support each other and be best friends.  I hope the groom will sometimes engage in tacky gossip with his wife, just because it makes her feel good, and the bride will go into Home Depot with him from time to time even if it kills her just a little.

I love weddings and ohhhhhhhhhhh how I love wedding cake.  I really love wedding cake.  No- really.
I don't indulge in a huge piece, but I always want to just eat it all.   Yum.

I love wedding food.  At weddings you find that people are always mindful of the vegetarians in the audience.  Thank you, bride and groom.

I love wedding dresses.  I love how beautiful they make a bride look. 

I love the dancing.  The music.  The people all leaning in together and singing their favorite songs really loud, which looks obnoxious to everyone else in the outside world- but not us at this wedding.

But the best thing about weddings is that no two are alike.  They are all so different.  They each have a unique style, location, ambience, feeling....

I could never compare them.  They are all wonderful... 

And I've never met a piece of wedding cake I didn't like....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story

Thank You, My Friend