Impossible?

How is this possible?

I am not weepy over my job loss any longer.  And if I'm honest, this whole unemployment thing isn't so bad. But like I always say "ask me in a week".

I have been clearing out closets.  I have been pretending to be a pit bull chasing my cats around the house.  I have spent time in the yard pruning my trees (quite the crop top, poor things...) and I have enjoyed sit down meals with my number one Sancho.

I have sat through movies without checking my email for pressing work needs.  I glowed when my first unemployment check came.  And a month ago when I pictured filing for unemployment, I felt humiliated.  But my mom said "you've earned it", and after 14 years of paying into the system- I knew she was right. 

And on the other hand, I have enjoyed interviewing.  I have enjoyed bragging about myself, whereas in the past I wouldn't have done that.  Humility is everything.... except in an interview, as it turns out.  And when you have nothing to lose, why not? 

I will be happy when I get a job offer.  But today, I will enjoy this whole new world.  Isn't this what Princess Jasmine and Aladdin were singing about?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story

Thank You, My Friend