That's Boring

One thing you quickly discover after losing a job is how boring it is to not spend.

Not that I used my youth spending too frivolously.  But, like anyone who is given the impression they shouldn't do something, it makes them want to all the more.  Like a child.  Like a rebel.  Yup.

But life is good, indeed.  San Diego with girlfriends last weekend, Las Vegas this weekend.   I won't complain.  I won't complain.  Breathe in.  Breathe out.

And people instinctively ask, "how's the job search going?"

And the answer is: "It's going."

But today was an interesting day in the job search, and I discovered some really awesome careers that exist out there.  Granted, I am not qualified for 95% of them, but they still sounded pretty dang awesome.

In fairness, job searching is half the battle.  What is sort of disconcerting about searching for a J.O.B. is that you discover there's a whole lot of sh*t you aren't good at or aren't qualified to do.  You see the job title and think, huh..... sounds interesting. And you scroll down and discover the qualifications are un-realistic.  Not just for me, but for anyone.  I mean, how can anyone have so many qualifications and years of experience and not be dead????  And if they are still kicking and breathing, do you think they are looking on careerbuilder.com for a job??

Geez.  If I am competing with those types, my job search could take years.

Breathe in. Breathe out.

It's not that bad.  Things could be worse.

Ask me in a week. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story

Thank You, My Friend