In-Laws

I love my in-laws... I do. I do. I do!

And tonight by special demand they will be arriving in sunny (?) California to stay with us.   I am excited.  I am. I am. I am!

O.K.... so outside is a bit bleak at the moment.  But bleak means snow-capped mountains tomorrow, and there is nothing quite as breath-taking in California as beautiful sunshine and white mountains at the same time.  Nothing.

And I remember Lloyd's first visit to California.  It was a spring day much like today.  And he could not get over how gorgeous the mountains were.  So gorgeous, in fact, he insisted on taking multitudes of photos of them.  And for those of us spoiled by a lifetime living in one of God's most glorious places on Earth, we could not appreciate something so beautiful.  And I kept asking him why he was taking pictures of the mountains, and on a day like today, I know why.

Ad my in-laws will be able to see, for the very first time, what a California coastline looks like.  And if we are lucky, we will see the sun set over the beaches of the Pacific, and it will be lovely.

My in-laws are bringing their gardening clothes, because we are in desperate need of a helping hand on our garden.  And no one knows how to garden quite like English-folk. 

My mother-in-law will be in our kitchen.  My father-in-law will sit on our faux leather couch.  My mother and my husband's parents will dine together, and it will be scrumptious.

I will enjoy every moment with my in-laws while they are here the next 2 weeks.  I will. I will. I will!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

Thank You, My Friend

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story