Thank You, My Friend

Thank You for reading my blog.

Sometimes people say: "I read your blog..."

and I hold my breathe for a moment and think about the language I use in my blog.

I pray quietly I haven't offended someone's belief system.... that I haven't groaned too much about how much the gym hates me.... or the other way around.

I pause as my mind races over my topics.  Have I been too emotional?  Have I confessed too much?

But then I want to hug them.

I write because,

Sometimes I don't know how to say it out loud.

Because I want my family to know that my memories of them... with them... are magical.  And they may not remember things just as I do...

(And in my memory I am a little bit thinner...)

I write because I want people to know that even though I haven't seen them for many moons,

I think of them.

Often.

And I don't want to bore people out loud with stories about how cute my cats are. 

In all seriousness, though,

They're so cute.  Like, gaga cute.

I write because it keeps me from forgetting.

As I write about my dad I can hear him laughing.  And it's nice...

As I write about days when I feel less-than-significant I wonder....

Does anyone else feel like this today?

I write about friends.  My memories of them.

And it is my way of saying to them that, despite distances, time, work schedules and disappointments,

They have made me who I am.

I want to say "Thank You" for reading my blogs.

Thank You for sharing my memories.

Comments

Rachel said…
I REALLY liked this blog....very very nice!
Rachel said…
I REALLY liked this blog....very very nice!
You'll never ever ever know who wrote this....unless you have IP tracker. =) said…
Go Cam! You're awesome.

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

The Militant Guest:

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story