Never Alone

Some people don't have pets and I can totally see why.

They require a lot of love, attention, time and money.

But you know what my favorite thing about my pets is?

I am never alone.

Even when the house goes quiet and all I can hear is the tapping of my keys on the keyboard, I know they are close.

And when I head into the kitchen for a bevvie, a snack, or to tidy up, they suddenly appear from whence they were hiding.

Sometimes it is just one or two.  But they look up at me and beg for me to drop a crumb. 

Today Penny, Trouble and I shared a grilled cheese sandwich.

They weren't yelling at me or judging me or asking me for books and recommendations on curriculum like my customers sometimes do.

They just sat there, with me, helping me eat my grilled cheese sandwich, reminding me I am never alone.  I'd love to say their love is unconditional, but the grilled cheese sure helps.




Comments

Anonymous said…
Good point, though sometimes it's hard to arrive to definite conclusions
Anonymous said…
Hello

Thanks for sharing, I have digged this post

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

The Militant Guest:

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story