Vegas Trips


Of course, of course...

Many of my favorite Vegas trips have been with my girlfriends.  Suites at the Montecarlo overlooking the strip, getting into booths at Rain and Ghostbar and walking down Las Vegas Boulevard in shoes that just weren't meant to be walked in.

But most of my favorite trips to Vegs were with my family.

As kids, we would frequent the strip and stay in what we now know as the dodgy Circus Circus.  As kids we had no clue that the CC was a dodgy hotel- we thought it was awesome.

Sometimes we would stay at the Flamingo Hilton, the one that looks like Barbie threw up all over it, you know the one??

But we loved it.

When I was a kid I always wanted to stay at the Excalibur, because at the time that was the new hotel and it had an amazing arcade.  We couldn't afford to stay at the newest hotels so we always retreated to the trusty Circus or Flamingo.

I also always wanted to stay at the Tropicana, but only because it had a water slide at the pool.  You know... now I book hotels that have great adult pools and still have never stayed at the Tropics.  Funny how priorities change, eh?

As kids we loved going to Vegas.  We would play in the pool all day and then pretend the hotel room was our house.  We once got upgraded to a suite at the Circus Circus and Corbin and I still love to talk about how that was one of the best days of our childhood lives.  We didn't have to share a room with our parents (my dad totally snored) and although we didn't say it then, I just know we imagined we were super rich.

My parents took us to whatever shows they went to, including "Nudes-On-Ice".  My mother likes to comment how my brother Chris got wide-eyed when the skaters came out topless.  He was only 9 or 10 at the time.  He's a lawyer now, and not someone's pimp, so at least we know there was no detrimental cause-and-effect of that experience.

As an adult my mom and I would drive to Vegas or Lauglin just to watch a show, stay in a nice hotel and eat at a buffet (The Rio is always the stop for breakfast).

I love Vegas, and all of the great family memories I have there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

Thank You, My Friend

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story