Miso Annoyed

I'm not the only one to have intense food cravings, amiright?

I will even have dreams where I am eating something so spectacular, that when I awaken I am dismayed to find we don't have said spectacufood within arms reach.

And last week I had the nagging craving for none other than miso soup.

Miso, miso, miso was all I could think about.  And guess who couldn't manage to get ahold of that brothy splendor last week?

And now, miso pissed off that I can totally see why we were once at war with the "Axis Power", Japan.  Some might say the war with Japan was instigated by the invasion into Manchuria, but I theorize it was sparked by a soldier with a strong hankering for miso soup, who, after finding that 3 of the local Sushi restaurants were closed, decided to wage war.

Last week I drove to my first favorite Sushi joint.  My mouth was watering and I knew my order before parking.  But alas, as I pulled into a spot I saw a disappointing sign that read Sushi Kinoya was closed until dinner time.  Did the recession affect the Japanese, too?

My husband and I drove another grueling 20 minutes to the next viable Sushi stop.  As we neared the building, I was overcome with an ominous feeling....

There weren't any cars parked close to the restaurant.... my husband stepped out and walked around, only to head back toward our car shaking his head "no":  The place was gutted.  Now of course my miso craving was becoming his problem as well as mine, since I am not very nice when I'm hungry,

Another 15 minutes later and we had arrived at the kistchy little village in Riverside with all the cute and trendy international restaurants.

We pulled in close, and right away saw that this 3rd Japanese place was being renovated.

My husband blocked his face a little, certain I would punch him square in the jaw, but my overwhelming despair worked to his advantage, as I could not muster the strength to lift my arm let alone make a fist.

I settled for a bagel, which did NOT come with enough cream cheese.  My husband later bought me instant miso soup from Trader Joe's.  Several days later, I still can't get myself to forgive the Japanese enough to eat their food.  The lonely instant miso sits in my pantry, waiting for my forgiveness.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love you my sweet friend and your adorable blog! Miso love my Cams!!!!! Xoxoxoxo

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

Thank You, My Friend

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story