The fish debate

(Written September 13, 2010)

I was driving home from work, called my honey and asked him to go get me some fish tacos.

Mama's hungry.

He adamantly said "You can't have fish while you're pregnant."

Damn.

Why did I encourage him to follow the do's and don'ts of pregnancy with me?

Yes, I know I can't have high-level mercury fish like swordfish and shark, but fish tacos from Rubio's?

Anyway, I bullied my way into that one and guess where my donor is?

Picking me up some fish tacos.

I have cut out all caffeine.  Starbucks is taunting me as I drive by.

I have cut out beer and wine and all the other fun stuff.

No more bleu cheese dressing, even though it's probably safe. 

So to the little creature inside my womb I say,

"Fish tacos!  It's what's for dinner!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story

Half-Year