Part of Your World

(Written September 10, 2010)

I should have known when I couldn't stop singing....

But I didn't.

On a whim Lloyd and I went to CVS in Fullerton to buy a pregnancy test.

There we were looking at all of the options in the "Family Planning" section.

I settled on the pee sticks (really a confusing choice) and headed back.
As we drove back toward Cal State Fullerton, where we had a hotel room for the night I could not stop harmonizing- and even dragged Lloyd into it.  I was telling him that we should teach ourselves to sing and I encouraged him to belt out

"YELLOW, YELLOW,YELLOW, YELLOW,YELLOW, YELLOW, YELLOW, YELLOW!" In our most soprano voices followed by some very barotone

"BLUE,BLUE, BLUE, BLUE BLUE, REEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDD"

I know....

It sounds crazy, but at the time as we headed down Commonwealth it felt totally the right thing to do.  Us two, belting out the primary colors.

And before the colors shenanigans I found myself singing other made-up songs.  I improv'd a song about being in love which must have been really good because my man asked me "is that a real song"??

And last night as we got ready for bed I suddenly felt the need to Google the Little Mermaid's lyrics to "Part of Your World".  I didn't find that too out of the ordinary since I recently became addicted to the hit series, Glee.  Yea, I said it.... I'm obsessed.

Despite all the chummy acapella jam sessions I seriously did not think I could have gotten pregnant that quickly.

And now, long after that car ride and a glaring "plus" sign on a pee stick, I sit here in a comfy hotel bed with an ALREADY swollen belly, crystal clear skin, and oodles of energy at 4:30 a.m.

I'd love to get some sleep since I have to be up in an hour for an all day conference today at CSUF, but I can't stop tossing and turning.

Today I am 11 days pregnant, or 4 weeks if you go by the traditional 40-week calendar. 
Our 'baby' isn't even 1/17th of an inch yet.  A few more weeks until then!

Can you tell??  I'm OBSESSED!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story

Half-Year