The Warning

"Don't come home without Hostess cupcakes...." I warned my husband.

Knowing he'd best heed my cautionary words, he questioned, "okay, what's the difference between a muffin and a cupcake again?"

He had made that critical error early in my pregnancy.

At that time, each day was anyone's guess as to what I could manage to eat.   One day it would be cheese and bread all day, and the next day it could be a 24-hour session of bananas.

And on the day when ALL I could muster the strength to crave and want was a chocolate cupcake, my husband returned with a frikkin' muffin!!   A MUFFIN!

He tried to argue with his miserable wife.  "They're the same thing..."

I was NOT a happy wife that night, as I tossed my stupid muffin aside.

Now, several months later, he needed reminding what the difference between the 2 are.

You know the difference, right?

Everyone does?

Right?

I explained to him that a muffin was like bread, and a cupcake "hence the part, 'cake', Lloyd" is like a tiny piece of cake.  "You know, like they sometimes serve at birthday parties?" I clarified.

It must be a British thing, because I don't know anyone that doesn't know the difference.... besides my husband.
As he sat for his final moments at work in front of his computer and I sat at home in front of my work computer, we both simultaneously Googled "Hostess cupcake" so that I knew he was very clear what to bring home. 

"Do you see the images?" I queried, "The dark brown one with the white swirled frosting on top?.... They usually come in a 2-pack.... don't come hom without them...."
 Of course, I am throwing myself under the wife bus by making myself sound miserable and demanding.

But I promise you, when it comes to intense food cravings right now... I'm not sure I care.

(P.S..... he came home with the Hostess cupcakes!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story

Half-Year