Moms

Moms always think their children are the greatest marvels of all time.

They can rarely do wrong.

They are wonders of the world.

And I,

am no exception.

While the bun in my oven has yet to rise, I already think the wee one is something extraordinary.

When baby Birch presents him/herself on the big screen at the doctors office and tumbles all around I think "surely my kid tumbles faster than the other babies."

I look at the tech's eyes to see if she, too, is marveling.

(Really, she should at least pretend she rarely sees gymnastics this amazing.)

When my child kicks the outskirts of my uterus I think,

"No way there is any other baby on the planet kicking a uterus with such dexterity and precision..."

And every time I read something like "being sick during pregnancy helps baby build a strong immune system" I gloat while clutching a box of Kleenex.  I sniffle with pride thinking I will have a baby with the strongest-ever immune system. (*cough, cough, cough)

It's very likely not true, but so what.

And in my first trimester I even read somewhere that morning sickness was an indicator of a high I.Q. (another one I don't read much into but, if true, I have baby Einstein growing in my womb.)

I already think my baby is sorta' the best thing ever.  Now, I just need to make sure the world knows.

Comments

Ashley said…
Cambria!! I have been thinking about you lately, wondering how the pregnancy was going since the last time I saw you. Without Facebook, I feel really lost at times =) But, I am glad I remembered that you have a blog!! And I LOVED catching up with your posts. I'm happy to see how well you are doing... FYI, my favorite thing to eat while I was preggo was mac n' cheese with TONS of ketchup!!! Anyway, I'm hoping your next glucose test comes back okay. I remember having to do that 3 hour test and it was horrible!! I was absolutely starving, but I did survive. I hope you are doing well!!

Ashley

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story

Pancakes and Eggs