35

35 weeks yesterday.

I mark that day with the first time I saw my feet swell a little.  Or, wait, only one foot looked slightly swollen and cankle-prone.

That can't be right, can it?

But sure enough as I put my 2 footsies side-by-side, my right foot looked like the Danny Devito of the Arnie Schwarz "Twins" pairing..... like a lone Hobbit's foot in the Shire.... like the foot that went to college and got the "Freshman 15".

Ya' catch my drift?

My left foot was petite and adorable, and seemed to be making a mocking gesture towards its counterpart with it's ability to nimbly stretch into a ballerina's toe point.

I have about 5 weeks to go, and feeling pretty good (aside from 'occasional' attention-seeking complaints that are meant to induce compassion and good-will).

We are ecstatic.

At 35 weeks I watch the belly and wait for the "Mother's Line" to appear.... will I get one?  I won't be too disheartened if I don't.

At 35 weeks I am watching the belly button for signs of popping out....

Lloyd teases me by saying "It's coming! It's gonna' pop out!" because he knows I am slightly horrified about it.

Does it just pop out and knock you over?  Or is it one of those things you suddenly see and "didn't even feel" happen?

35 weeks down.

Last night my next door neighbor remarked about how fast it's gone...

I grimaced...

He retracted....

I smiled...

We are ready to meet our baby....

Just after we figure out how to install the carseat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story

Thank You, My Friend