Towards The End...

In this final stretch of pregnancy I am blissful.

I am at my most content, happiest and, ironically, most comfortable.

My first trimester I was so incredibly ill and all of the teas and ginger-flavored everythings that were supposed to make me feel less nauseaus only left me feeling sick of yet another flavor.

I don't think I can ever eat a ginger snap again. 

Seriously.

In my second trimester I started to feel slightly better.  While I didn't have specific cravings, per say, I had a VERY annoying aversion to sweets and I could taste the flavor of high fructose corn syrup.  It was sticky and thick and left my mouth with deep sadness.  I never knew that HFCS was in SO many things before then... Cereals?  Sodas?  Candies and condiments?  It's there, ya'll.

I once loved ketchup more than the foods I lathered it on and now, I won't touch the stuff.

As I started my third trimester I was sick once again with a horrible cold that turned into a chest infection of sorts. 

I was miserable.

And once that passed, I suddenly felt glorious.

While just about everyone said the end was the worst and most uncomfortable I feel better than ever.

Yes, it takes me a while to roll from my right to my left.  I admit that when I rise in the morning or get up from the couch I take a quick look around to see what I can grab to pull myself up with.  And yes, it's true the moment I return from work I spend the rest of the evening in a Hefner-like bathrobe.

But in these last few weeks,

I am blissful.

I am at my most content, happiest and, ironically, most comfortable.

I think baby feels the same.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

Thank You, My Friend

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story