Everything is so interesting

Everything is so interesting to our 4 year old.

Sometimes it wipes me out because I am not interested in turning the fan on and off and then playing with the switches to the fan and light and figuring out how the pull thingys on the ceiling fixture also turn things off and on.

"Mommy this is BRILLIANT!" she says.

"Mmhhhmmm" I offer.

And she is interested in climbing on things and opening things and taking things out and taking things apart.

And though I ask her not to climb on things and open things- from my blush and bronzers to doors and cupboards- and taking things out and apart- from batteries in much-relied on remotes and flashlights... She does, anyway.  

And she is kind and focused and quite intent in her pursuits. She is smart and wild and funny, despite the ways it sometimes wipes me out. 

Everything is so interesting to our 4 year old.



Comments

Barry B. said…
You are blessed with an inquisitive and intelligent child. It can indeed be exhausting, but it's the best possible alternative.

I hope you are well. I'm glad you're writing again.

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story

The Militant Guest: