The Caterpillar; Updates: Month 3

I have 1 dog, 3 cats and one caterpillar.  Where my baby went I cannot say.

Hey crazy girl,

This blog is about you... yet again.

You are such a star and as my fingers type this along I have my foot pushing on your bouncer so you can relax while watching the Joy Behar show.  You insist on mommy doing something that revolves around you at all times and mommy takes multi-tasking to a whole new level.

(I know where you got that from, so I can't complain.)

So you know those cute babies that are always so blissfully sleeping while their mommies hold them while out and about?  You aren't that baby.

Sure, sure, you are cute, but you do not sleep when we have guests, are visiting others or go out anywhere.  The other day, in fact, you stayed up for nearly 8 hours straight while out with friends.  You didn't complain too much, thankfully but you love watching peoples' faces when we talk.  You love when they marvel at you and talk to you and tell you how wonderful you are, you little Ham you. 

You still insist on facing outwards at all times.  Should we turn you toward us, we get an earful.

You take the occasional power nap, but once you are back up you want lots and lots of stimulation.  Mommy gets a little tired.  Sometimes mommy waits by the front door so she can give you to daddy when he pulls in at 5 o'clock from work.   Then mommy might say something snarky to daddy or like "I'm going to take a bath- don't bother me for an hour".

But once mommy is rejuvenated she is ready to hold her crazy, caterpillar once more.

I call you a lil' caterpillar because over the course of the last few weeks you have learned how to get around.  I put you on your activity mat, and moments later you have shimmy'd off of it.  You arch your back, scootch your booty, and push on your feet and off you go.


No, you still don't take a pacifier, but you could nibble for hours on your blanket.

Other new things?  You have started talking and singing.  Granted, no one on the planet know what you are saying except mommy and daddy.  I hear "Mama, you're so awesome..." and things of that ilk.  Daddy gets an earful about soccer and certain players.  Daddy was disappointed when you laughed at his team's defeat last weekend, though.  Timing is everything, sweet pea.  Timing is everything.

You have caterpillared out of all your seats now.  The first time happened when we put you to rest in your carseat while at a family party.  You weren't having it.  In a few seconds time you managed to shimmy out of it and end up on the floor.  Good thing their floors were clean.

You have a mind of your own, you're impatient and loud and mommy knows you judge her just a little when she shoves things in closets instead of properly hanging them up. 

(I saw the look, don't deny it.)

You grab at everything, including mommy's v-neck dress when her boss came to dinner.  I now have to rethink every neckline in my wardrobe.  Thanks, dear.

You have oodles of energy, oodles of smiles and oodles of admirers.  And mommy,

Mommy has oodles of love for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

Thank You, My Friend

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story