Month 5 Updates

Oh girl,

Where do I begin?
I don't want to forget all of the amazing'ness of my sweet Sayler! I gotta' tell the world what my wee daughter has been up to!

You can almost sit up on your own, my strong baby!  You can keep yourself upright and from falling forward or backward, but should you reach sideways, you will most certainly fall over. 

You have discovered that your feet are just as awesome as your hands, and you hold on to them for dear life!

You roll....

You have been rolling for so long now it almost seems like a comical question when people ask if you roll yet.  I want desperately to show them that you are rolling, sitting and practically standing on your own!  Okay, okay, I might be going a little overboard.  But! It's true that one of our favorite games is letting you stand and then letting your waist go.  You think it's HILARIOUS!

You have become a good napper and sleeper and the kids at your daycare always run to the door when I drop you off in the morning.  When people ask if you sleep through the night, though, I have to frown a little and honestly say it's hit or miss.  I don't know what it is but people love to ask that question.  But you know what's weird?  While it's kinda' exciting to get a lil' extra snoozing there are SO many nights when I can't sleep until I've had another cuddle with you.  I might wake up at 3 a.m., stare into your napper and secretly hope you will wake up. 

But...

More and more often you sleep right through my 3 a.m. stare-a-thon.

So other moms can pride themselves in their 12 hours of  straightsleep.  I don't need it.

Coz' I got you, babe.

My crawling, wriggling, semi-standing, almost-sitting, spoon-holding, rice-stick eating nibbler.

OH!  I can't forget about the rice stick.

You love your Mum Mums.  And while mommy was doing research she couldn't find any moms recommending them for their babies under 6 months of age.  But mommy decided to defy the Mum Mum bloggers and give you one.

Now, you get 2 a day and you can hold them and eat them all up without making a mess (another small lie since I sometimes *think* you ate the whole thing and then find small bits plastered into your hair).

I know this all sounds so incredibly boring to SO many people, but I swear I couldn't be any more proud!

You're still trying to figure out how to crawl forward and you almost got it, girl!  It's a hoot watching you face-plant on a crawl-gone-bad and I'm sure that's not a very maternal response but oh man are you adorable! 

I love you more each day.

I swear it.

I am typing so fast in all of my excitement and pride...

you are so amazing!

I love you!

Comments

sue birch said…
Love to read all of your comments keep them coming your such lovely parents and she is such a happy beautiful baby cant wait to meet her xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story

Thank You, My Friend