An Open Letter to Carter's

Dear Carter,

(Can I call you Carter?  Or is it Mr/Mrs. Carter?)

Well,

Dear Carter,

Thank you for the weekly coupons in my email inbox.  You really know how to lure me back in to your store for some uber cute baby threads.  And of course, I was blessed with a baby girl, no less, so of course I am overcome with far too many options and accessories.

So, CarCar,

I am kind of having an issue that I hope you could address.

My issue is that on each and every visit I am finding myself drawn to clothing items that have a guitar and cliche slogan like "I Rock" or "Mommy Rocks/ Daddy Rocks"

And then I realize I am standing in the boy's section of the store and the clothing is in blue... or brown... or some other color that, quite frankly, isn't in my daughter's color wheel.

And yes...

I saw the girl's pajamas with the guitar that reads "Girls Rock".  But they aren't in an infant size...

And I did see the cute bodysuit with jeggings in an infant size (at Kohl's.com) and I might have to settle for that one....

I'm just saying that to have as many options for girls as you do for boys would be a.maze.ing.  I just know my husband's eyes would sparkle if he saw his baby girl in rock duds, but then mommy has standards on colors and such because her baby girl is still at that critical "could that be a boy or girl" stage.

So...

in the event you are reading this Car,

I would like something with rock-band-esque qualities for my sweet, perfect baby girl.

And, you know,

if you are feeling inspired can you make it a Musicman stingray bass slapper, customized with a Piezo bridge and brass saddles??? and Oh! Can you make it in a limey-green hue?  That color is in my daughter's color wheel.

But really any whimsical, perfectly girly remnant of rock-no-roll clothing for my wee bass slapper would be ideal.  I might not be as flexible on the make of the bass design.  A Fender Jaguar wouldn't completely kill me, nor would a Warwick Steamer Stage II. 

I'm trying to be flexible?  Can you meet me half-way?

(*sigh...) And I know I just might have to settle for girl's "rock" clothing with that tell-tale "guitar" you use on your clothing which actually looks more like a banjo... (I mean, c'mon, Carter, that is clearly either a banjo or a fiddle, neither of which instrument really rocks unless it is being used in some updated, 21st century rendition of Fiddler on the Roof...)

...In fact, the more that I stare at it I am wondering if that isn't a ukelele...

So I will wait, with bated-breath, for your spring line-up of bass-slapping-inspired rock (or banjo) gear and coupons in hand. 
Thanks, Carter.

I'll be seeing you... 

See, you're not completely off-bass here, Carter.  This outfit is cute.... I just need a few more options.....

Comments

Anonymous said…
Love it, Love it, Looooooooove it! Your blogs get better every day!

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

Thank You, My Friend

Pancakes and Eggs