What Happened to 7?

What happened to your 7 month updates? 

Sorry, mommy was busy chasing around her baby girl,

and decorating the Christmas tree and removing wrapping paper and bows from the clutches of her baby girl's small hands.

Mommy got side-tracked while taking too many photos and videos of her perfect baby girl learning to climb the stairs and learning to walk with her toys, pushing them along the floor so cleverly.

Mommy was busy trying to tame her sweet daughter's frizzy hair that sticks up in all directions. 

Mommy took her first extended workation away for several days.

She missed her perfect daughter,

but hopes that someday her little one will know why her mommy goes to work each day.

She goes to work so her daughter will never want for all the things and experiences she deserves to have.

Mommy also works because she likes to use big words around other adults and loves being a working girl. 

Someday, you might want to be a working mom, too.  I'll teach you all about how to fake being wide-awake at work meetings and nodding your head to say "I'm listening" when really you are thinking about your sweet baby and whether you remembered to put the clothes from the washer into the dryer.  That's what mommy calls multi-tasking.

At 7 months you started walking with the assistance of your plastic Fisher-Price musical-thingy.  I mention it a lot, and I swear your pediatrician thinks you're a bionic baby just as much as we do.  You're like a Wonder Woman in training, only you'll dress more modestly and never, ever, like, ever, show your midriff.

At 7 months we discovered one of your favorite foods is pasta marinara.  Your parentals make it fresh and then put it in the blender and pack it in your bag for daycare and weekly dinners.  It's funny because when I was pregnant with you I loved Italian food so much that daddy was beginning to wonder why I wasn't craving Fish N' Chips, or a Thomas' English muffin or anything that might assure him you were half-British and not part 'Talian. 

You do love your Jersey Shore, but you are daddy's doppelganger, so no paternity test needed (PHEW!).

At 7 months you made pickles a "must-have" snack of the day.  You also love apples, carrots, Townhouse crackers, garlic bread and anything else you can get stuck in your hair easily.

Right around 8 months your first botton tooth reared it's pearly head.  It was so amazing.  And in the few weeks since it is now so official I've named that tooth "Ref".

The tooth adjacent to it is now here, too.  I love it equally.  In fact, I'm pretty sure I'll love each and every tooth so much from this day forward.  I have a feeling it'll be hard to choose a favorite chomper.  I just know it.

You are still rocking your 6 month-old clothing, my skinny baby, but just like your parents, you always look like you're waiting for a flood.  I have a feeling pants will never be quite long enough for your liking.

Long legs run in the family.
Embrace em'.

You are always so happy.

You are always smiling.

You delight me so much that even the gal behind us at Costco today noticed my joy.

While I have loved you from the start, in this moment I can honestly say,

"I have never loved anyone as much as I love you."

Of course, daddy is up in the ranks, too.

And so many others,

but you just might be my favorite person ever.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

The Militant Guest:

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story