I Can't Forget...

I haven't been keeping a baby book, but this here blog will have to suffice... for now.... until I can carve out a day to enter details into said memento.

But today, March 19th, 2012- on your grandma Val's birthday, you pushed yourself up from your knees to a standing position and I got to see it all unfold.

With walking, it was hard to determine a set date for when it all started.  An assisted step here and there, then 2 or 3.... then 2 03 unssisted that ended in disaster.... then several that ended in face-plants and finally careful toddling about the hallway.

I just couldn't find a set date without feeling like I was exaggerating.... So let's just say that somewhere around 9 months you started walking, and by 10 months at the end of this week you are an official walker-stalker (stalker implying your predatory steps toward the cats...)

But today... this day I know and don't have to lie about.  It was really, really really cool to see.  Perhaps even more so than your first steps, because you never practiced it... it just happened

Watching a baby grow in this first year of life is the most amazing thing.  I am so blessed to be a mom, and so thankful that I am the mom to such a precious, curious girl.

I don't want to forget this day: watching my sweet daughter in her pink sleep-n'-play using her own strength to lift herself up from the bright blue carpet, her blue eyes gleaming with pride.

I don't want to forget.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

The Militant Guest:

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story