I Hoped For.

I hoped for a man that would be my best friend.

I hoped for someone who was strong but humble.

I prayed for a man that was kind to the world,

Talented,

Witty,

Educated-


Who understood the value of hard work,

While acknowledging that hard work would never have the same value,

as being with his family.

I dreamt about spending my days with a person who would show me the world-

A partner with an incredible sense of adventure and curiosity about other places, far and wide.

I wasn't sure if I would ever meet someone who was confident enough to let me have my own identity,

My own hobbies,

My own friends,

My own opinions,

My own career.

I waited patiently for a man that wanted to grow old with me,
and would do all he could,

to give me all of the things I never knew I always wanted.

Not just a great husband,

But the perfect father.



Happy Anniversary, Lloyd...

I Love You.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

Thank You, My Friend

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story