WOW! 12 Months

A full year.

The response is always "it goes so fast, enjoy them while they're little..."

But really, I feel like I really, really lived this year with you and held my breath numerous times and watched and held and snuggled and cried and escaped to the closet when I needed a moment to myself...

and I laughed so loud and I giggled quietly and shook violently while lauging quietly, holding all that noise in when you did things that you shouldn't be doing but I just couldn't help but find it hilarious and do my absolute best to not let you on to me thinking you were funny...

and I panicked and I read instructions to baby toys and built and bickered with my husband on how it was best to soothe you and I tried and learned and I tried again and I learned and I failed and I tried again and I conquered and I nursed and I changed a diaper million diapers.

and I watched you sleep in the dark and blinked my eyes in that dark to see if I could see your stomach go in... and out... and in... and out... and I sighed and I tossed and I turned and I scolded myself for not knowing better and I felt guilty and I felt proud and I wondered and I

wrote.

I wrote blogs and I told stories about what it's like to be a mom-

to anyone who would listen.

I tried to stop myself.

I really did.

But beaming and talking about you and all you did and do that is miraculous and small and big that must bore everyone I know... well, I just can't help it.

Your latest word is "wow".

Your latest feat is taking off your shoes.

The thing you do that drives me the most insane at the moment is when you play in the cats' food bowls.  oh, and their water bowls.

You splash.

Water gets everywhere.

You dump bowls of over-priced cat food all over the floor.

Sometimes you sample the food.

Sometimes you stare in my direction as you sample and splash and dump.

The stare indicates you know you aren't supposed to be playing in the cat bowls,

but,

you do anyway.

You prefer life in the buff, and it's not uncommon for you to take off your diaper and make mommy chase you around with that diaper.

The thing that makes me most proud is,

well,

can I narrow it down to one thing??

mmmm,

The thing that makes me most proud?

Being your mom.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

Thank You, My Friend

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story