It's a Girl... Definitely.

I'm not sure what I thought.

I mean,

You're tough as nails.

Full on, balls-to-the-wall, no holds- barred, crazy, insane.... a risk-taker.

When your 20 pound frame hits the pavement you will scowl, but not cry.  Up you go, again, running, laughing, with a scrape or cut or two to evidence the fall.

You climb, like, everything.

Book shelves,

Wine racks,

Chairs and pub tables and stairs and the couches.

But,

You're a girl.

Much to my dismay your favorite toy of late is my make-up box.

It's my "Go-To" box.  It has all my favorite colors and the essentials that I just cannot live without.  (And frankly, the world at large wouldn't want me to do without).

Bare-faced Cammy= ick.

And you pull out every bit of powder, gel, cream, primer, brush, blush, bronzer, gloss, stain, and shimmer shadow.

You deftly turn each lid, fully aware of how to get the contents to come out.

Last week,

I almost cried.

But,

it was momentary.

I found you huddled on the floor with my make-up box fully exposed and all over your face (and the floor) was my recently-purchased face powder.

It's one of my top-3 must-haves and it comes at a pretty penny.

I had left the make-up case far from your reach but, my clever girl climbed up to meet it.

You looked so pleased with yourself.

At 16 months you just somehow know that lipstick belongs somewhere in the mouth vicinity.

Your roll that very cherry lip stain up high,

and use your small fingertips to apply it genrously over your lips and cheeks.

You take my favoritest of Michael Kors perfumes,

cautiously remove the lid,

pull the fragrance close to your nose,

and sniff.



How?

How do you know to do that?

I hope,

I really hope,

You won't be afraid to slide tackle,

run in the mud,

and throw a punch.

But one things for sure,

You're a Girl.

Definitely.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

The Militant Guest:

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story