Dear Amber

I have been wanting to write this for a while now.

For, like , a long long long while.

But I ran into three problems, Amber.

The first: I couldn't find words to express how much you mean to me.

Two: I knew that once we went public with our relationship people would say, Amber and Cambria? When did they become such good friends?

Three: Once people knew how incredibly awesome you were, they would try to steal you from me.

I mean, who wouldn't?

But I am making a go of it anyway because,

frankly,

you deserve it.

True, we werent of BFF's in high school. But, we would steal glances from across the hall and perhaps our psyches were telling us we were meant to be together.

It wasn't until later years when we reconnected and sparks flew.

I knew immediately you were the person I wanted to spend the rest of my friendship life with.

If I had to put it plainly,

In human speak,

You are truly amazing.


You are the kind of friend that doesn't forget important, significant events and dates.

You are the kind of friend that can handle everything at once but show all the humility in the world by admitting it's not always easy to handle it all.

You are graceful,

You have an incredible, spontaneous laugh.

You are nurturing and intelligent,


Honest and warm.

You are so incredibly supportive during the best of times and the worst.  You listen with an open mind and an open heart and you are what people mean when they describe the 'perfect package'.

We have some of the most random memories (HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BOB!) and some of my most memorable laugh out loud moments have been with you. 

Thank you for being an inspiration to so many people.

Thank you for being one of the greatest people I have ever known- a true gift to the world.

And thank you, whoever reads this, for not stealing my friend Amber from me.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

Thank You, My Friend

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story