Javier

Javier,

I have thought about you.

Not like, thought thought about you,

But like, started to muse over what an attractive hunk you are.

And finally I told my husband about you.

It was late last night, as we meandered through the darks streets after a much-needed shop at the grocery store.

I confessed.

"You know how I have always had a celebrity crush on Clive Owen?" I quizzed.

My husband acknowledged my deep and long-lasting crush with a swift nod.

"There's another"... "You know Javier Bardem..."?

Lloyd seemed somewhat amused by my choice, chuckling "That guy looks like a bear..."

My response was immediate, and like a hushed, whispered exhalation of agreement.

"Exactly..., ...., ...."I Love Bears..."

"Bears that maul?", he bemused.

We carried on with our drive.

Me thinking about Javier and bears that maul, my husband likely moving on in thought the way men do.

And just to clarify, I don't engage in thoughts about the "No Country For Old Men"-Javier, but rather the "Love in the Time of Cholera"-Javier.  The one that gives Julia Roberts goosies in "Eat, Pray, Love".

That's the Javier I'm talking about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story

Thank You, My Friend