It Would be Her.

You know what I think?

I think Justin Timberlake is trying to be too much like Robin Thicke.  I mean, like, the new album's alright but I just don't like how he's jocking Robin Thicke's style and it's like, so obvious.

I am convinced.

Or, Ariel has me convinced.

I hang on to every thread of her music critiques,

one of the only saving graces I have for knowing what's up with what and who and this and that.

And even though I never fully comprehended what it meant to get 'hyphy', I at least know the word because of her.

She teaches me so much.

And if too many days pass without seeing her I tend to become anxious.

Literally, anxious.

I can't focus and I can't stop thinking of her and wondering what she's up to and if she's alright and if she's having fun and being youthful or working too many hours or still far too independent and strong for her own good.

If you take a moment and think about the most compassionate human being you have ever known- that is my Ariel.

And if you think about the person you know that is an old soul and comes across as bold and decisive and would be there for you through the thick and thin- that is my Ariel.

I love her and all the joy and laughs and balance she brings to my life.

And even though she's younger than me, I value her opinions, her insight and her world view.

I feel like I can tell her just about anything and she won't judge me.

In fact,

If anyone were to go to bat for me and stick up for me and almost get into a fight for me,

it would be Ariel.

If I could pick my most trusty designated driver- it would be her.

If I could choose the person to go and have a day of pampering and hot stone massages and a long nap and a chick flick and too much Coldstone with, it would be her, hands down.

If I could choose the person who would tell me if an outfit made me look fat and get an honest response with feedback, it would be her.

If I could choose the person to pick out all the shoes I would ever own for the rest of my days on this Earth, it would be her.

If I could choose one person to be my personal trainer and whip me into shape, it would be her.

And if I could choose one person on this planet to give the whole world to, and know she earned it all,

it would be her.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

Thank You, My Friend

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story