To Write.

When I was a young girl I loved to read and then I liked to write.
 
And nothing I write is all that interesting,
 
and likely not impressive,
 
and I like to carry-on,
 
and sometimes be brief
 
and usually be very vague,
 
or specific,
 
I guess.
 
But I sleep better after I've written,
 
odd as that sounds....
 
Like a deep sigh of relief,
 
like post-workout bliss for many, many people who I will never be like because after I've worked out I am usually just saying 'Thank You, Jesus, for ending that work-out".
 
But if I can put into words a little bit of nothing with a dash of nonsense and a glimmer of humor I have completed my day and have relinquished the stress and the fatigue and the frustration and felt the refuge of reflection upon the really great moments and giggles.
 
That's how I find my balance.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

Thank You, My Friend

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story