I think

I think I'm more concerned with being around people who impress me,

And less motivated to be around people I can impress.

Has that always been the case?

Possibly.

Not likely.

But here is the epiphany, as I settle into this state of constant wonderment, of curiosity, of wanting to know more about people and what drives them and how they add to the world and give to the world and make this journey more fulfilling.

And when I find myself trying to impress other people I can feel the vulnerabilities and weaknesses of who I am slipping through the cracks that I so carefully try to mask with any shred of greatness I embody.

I am loud, I am zealous, I am trying, desperately trying.

But perhaps I can relax.

Maybe I can continue on this quest to be impressed and worry less about impressing you, them, those that are making me try,

so hard.

I will work on it.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

The Militant Guest:

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story