Road Trip, Day 4

Saturday was a perfect day. The kind you write home about... Or blog about.

Saturday took us to Thai food en route to the famous Stanley Hotel, inspiration for the thriller "The Shining". It was time to finally try to figure out how to use the panoramic photo capacity for my iPhone- this is what I got:


How apropos for such a haunted place.

This is a less creepy photo:


We carried on through the Rocky Mountain National Park.

Pardon my language but Holy Shiite that drive was gorgeous. Or as us faux French say, tres gorgeaux. 


Predictably, we wanted a photo by the rushing current.  One of us almost fell into the river, but I won't say who.


Nothing completes a full day quite like coffee, and the drive-thru java hut on the side of a mountainous road did not disappoint. I opted for the "Campfire" concoction:


We headed toward the Haines Cabin, a colleague's family cabin that had been built 90 years prior by her grandfather.

When we entered, I almost cried. I immediately felt like Laura Ingalls in Little House on the Prairie and even welled up a little when I discovered the antique and original furnishings.

Here's a horse hair couch:


And the cool oven:


The beds in the loft were the clincher and looked so fun.... At least by day.

After dinner we headed back to the cabin that we originally had seen by day. It went from a "Little House" to "Paranormal Activity". I was the first to ask the question that had been on the girls' minds... "Should we all sleep in the loft (together)?".

We had all been too afraid to sleep in any of the single cabin bedrooms on our own.


I texted my hubby my final goodbyes, certain we would be slaughtered by a mountanous madman or bitten to death by bats as we slept. 

Somehow, miraculously, we survived and were able to take the following photo the following morning (pardon the bed head):




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

Thank You, My Friend

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story